The present policy regarding cookies applies to all users of the website www.proactsuport.ro. The information presented below is intended to inform the users of this website about the placement, use and administration of cookies by the Pro ACT Suport Association in the context of browsing users on this website.
2. WHAT COOKIES ARE?
We use the term “cookies” to refer to cookies and similar technologies through which information can be collected automatically. An “Internet Cookie” (also known as a “browser cookie” or “HTTP cookie” or “cookie”) represents a small file, consisting of letters and numbers, which will be stored on your computer, mobile terminal or on other equipment of a user through which the Internet is accessed. Cookies are installed by a web server’s request to a browser (eg Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome). The cookies once installed have a fixed life, remaining “passive”, meaning they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and will not access the information on the hard drive of the user whose equipment was installed. A cookie consists of two parts:
- the name of the cookie;
- the content or value of the cookie.
From a technical point of view, only the web server that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the web page associated with the respective web server.
3. FOR WHAT PURPOSES COOKIES ARE USED THROUGH THIS INTERNET PAGE:
Cookies are used to provide the users of this website with a better browsing experience and services tailored to the needs and interests of each user, namely:
- improving the use of this website, including by identifying any errors that occur during its visit / use by the users;
- providing anonymous statistics on how this website is used to the Pro ACT Suport Association, as the owner of this website;
- anticipation of possible goods that will in the future be made available to users through this website, depending on the services / products accessed.
Based on the feedback transmitted through cookies in relation to how this website is used, [the website owner] may take measures to make this website more efficient and accessible to users.
- the language in which a web page is viewed;
- the currency in which certain prices or prices are expressed;
- facilitating access to the users account;
- posting comments on the site.
4. HOW LONG COOKIES LAST?
The lifetime of cookies may vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. There are the following categories of cookies that determine their lifespan:
- Session cookies – A “session cookie” is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes their browser.
- Persistent or fixed cookies – A “persistent” or “fixed” cookie is a cookie that remains stored in the user’s terminal until it reaches a certain expiration date (which may be in a few minutes, days or a few years in the future) or until it is deleted by the user at any time through the browser settings.
5. WHAT COOKIES ARE USED THROUGH THIS INTERNET PAGE:
By using / visiting the website, the following cookies can be placed:
a. Website performance cookies;
By this type of cookies are stored the preferences of the user of this website, so that setting the preferences again in case of a subsequent visit of the website is no longer necessary.
b. User analysis cookies
These cookies inform us if a certain user of the website has visited / used this website previously. These cookies are used for statistical purposes only.
c. Cookies for geotargetting
These cookies are used by a software that determines the country of origin of the user of the website. The same ads will be received regardless of the language selected.
6. WHAT KIND OF INFORMATION IS STORED AND ACCESSED THROUGH COOKIES?
Cookies keep information in a small text file that allows browser recognition. This webpage recognizes the browser until the cookies expire or are deleted.
7. PARTICULARIZATION OF THE BROWSER SETTINGS IN CONCERNING COOKIES
If the computer or technical equipment used for browsing this web page is used by more than one person, the setting for deleting individual browsing data may be taken into account each time the browser is closed.
8. HOW CAN COOKIES BE STOPPED?
Disabling and refusing to receive cookies can make this web page difficult to visit, attracting limitations on its use possibilities.
Users can configure their browser to reject cookies or to accept cookies from a particular web page.
All modern browsers offer the ability to change cookie settings. These settings can be accessed, as a rule, in the “options” section or in the “preferences” menu of your browser.
However, refusing or deactivating cookies does not mean that you will no longer receive online advertising – but only that it will not be adapted to your preferences and interests, evidenced by browsing behavior.
To understand these settings, the following links may be useful:
IAB Romania offers the following site to provide more information on confidentiality related to online advertising: http://www.youronlinechoices.com
If you would like to find out more about cookies and their use, you can access the official website of the European Union on cookies at: http://ec.europa.eu/cookies/index_en.htm